Thursday, January 27, 2011

The final four

These were the last round games which had bearing on the final outcome. Chris and Ed had drawn in the second round and entered the final round with 2.5 points. Mike had won all three previous games and was at 3 points. I had lost to Chris and was at 2 points. So if Mike beats Chris he is the winner. With a draw against Chris, either Mike wins if Ed loses or draws. If I had beat Ed, I would have been in second with 3 points, possibly tied for second if Chris won or there was a draw. As it ended, Ed and Chris won. Sri played a strong tournament and after losing to me in round one, won 3 straight and ended up in the fourth place spot.





3 comments:

  1. Excellant job Jon! Published tournament results! We just need a better way of recording the games so we don't miss the endings of longer games. My notation left something to be desired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not think of it until later, but I could have asked someone to video the end of our game, Chris. (Aren't smart phones wonderful! )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tournament games are sometimes lost by mistakes rather than won by brilliant play. This game is an example of that. I think both Jon and I were mentally burned out at this point.

    ReplyDelete